Monday, September 21, 2009

“Simon’s Cat”
By Simon Tofield
5+++/5




WOW! I don’t even know where to start. First, this book came to me by mail and I forgot that I promised to review the book, so I was confused where the book came from. The book arrived on a gloomy Saturday morning that I wasn’t feeling to well. This is the best surprise ever!

Simon’s Cat isn’t per say a “word” book, and maybe some knew that and knew what to expect. I opened it up standing in the kitchen and didn’t stop laughing until I finished the book in 15 minutes. Simon’s Cat is a cartoon book of what else, Simon’s Cat, who has one very big Catanality. Like all cats, he wants to be fed all the time, is somehow under your feet all the time, and no matter what is forever getting into trouble. A little reminiscent of Garfield, but way better, as Simon’s cat feels more like your own. Some of my favorite moments, which any cat owner can relate to, are when your cat comes and cuddles and purrs, and as soon as you want to kiss him/her they shy away as if your killing them; or sleeping in the sink which always happens; and taking over 95% of the bed when you are sleeping, leaving you with no covers.

I highly recommend this to everyone of all ages. This is a great gift to people, this is a great table book, and anyone who has ever owned a cat can relate. I have never laughed so hard. I did reread the entire thing again, and I still laughed just as hard. I hope Simon Tofield keeps it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment